Horizons was created in 1975 as a community based alternative to institutionalized care.
We provide person centered services in the least restrictive environment. Throughout our programs for children and adults across northwest Colorado, we ensure that people with developmental delays and cognitive disabilities are treated with dignity and care. We help people overcome obstacles, develop skill sets, and achieve goals in order to live lives of their own choosing.
Horizons works in partnership with families and communities to expand opportunities for individuals with, or at risk of, developmental disabilities.
Our purpose is to enhance the lives of those we help by empowering them to achieve rewarding lives full of new possibilities.
We believe in:
- The paramount importance of health and safety.
- A never ending quest for creative solutions.
- Fostering growth and independence.
- The power of Early Intervention to change lives.
- Compassion and respect for every person and in everything we do.