Direct Support Professional, Craig, CO
Horizons is seeking a full time benefited Direct Support Professional (DSP) for our Residential Program in Craig, CO.
DSPs work directly with people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities with the goal of helping them live rewarding lives of their own choosing and becoming integrated members of the community.
DSPs assist with daily living activities and encourage attitudes and behaviors to lead self-directed and valuable lives. DSPs may provide supports in the home, at work, school, church, and other community places. DSPs are personal advocates for others’ needs, desires, and goals.
Candidates will be responsible for providing compassionate care, mentorship, and understanding as well as the duties below:
• Provide supervision and guidance for individuals during skills building activities
• Develop and implement individual plans, creating an engaging schedule based on person centered thinking and best practices
• Assist with daily living activities including meal preparation, grocery shopping, medical appointments, money management, household chores, laundry, etc.
• Develop a nurturing personal rapport and cultivate a safe and supportive relationship
• Maintain daily paperwork according to agency and state guidelines
• Provide reliable transportation
• Work closely with DSPs and other team members
• Maintain professional boundaries in accordance to ethical standards of conduct.
To apply for a position, please contact Adult Community Coordinator Jes McMillan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 439 Breeze Street Ste #100, Craig, Colorado.
Regarding current openings and General Employment Inquiries, please submit below.
Horizons Specialized Services is an equal opportunity employer. Horizons does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.